Stories to write and to share
For you or a loved one
Many of you have followed and shared this blog in 2022 where about 90 posts were made on election and information integrity. I’m humbled and thankful for your readership and support.
However most of you did not know that since May 2022 all major paid client writing work was put aside giving space to learn as much as I could about elections in Minnesota and to run for MN Secretary of State to further raise awareness on those findings.
Having previously coached college athletes, a combination of practicality and inspiration have led me to try my hand at fitness coaching with an audition for a local gym mid January 2023.
Despite that potential, it remains a calling to help others shape and share their stories.
And now the Spirit is guiding me to ask for your help as I return to consistent paid work.
Since leaving a corporate job in one of Target’s information technology departments to chart a different course days before my 27th birthday in September 2014, I’ve been blessed with the opportunity to work with over 100 authors on various aspects of their writing, from fiction and nonfiction books to article series, from outlining and writing all the way through to publication and marketing.
We are living through amazing times and the stories we document now will help to teach others what was learned as well as to make clear intentions as we set out into new territory.
Here are just a few prior experiences with a variety of authors and topics with meaningful outcomes:
- cowriter and coach to a 90-year-old traveling doctor who served in the Pacific during the Korean War leaving an autobiography for his family [in-person conversations, outlining, transcribing, writing, editing]
- ghostwritten book with CEO of well known firm on future of marketing now that “advertising is dead” (Wall Street Journal Bestseller) [video calls, ghostwriting, research]
- wrote collaboratively with young entrepreneur on how he built a direct-to-consumer peanut butter company [video calls, ghostwriting]
- pieced together interview transcripts and helped Savannah Bananas CEO solidify the title for his book, Fans First: Change the Game, Break the Rules & Create an Unforgettable Experience [video calls, transcription, editing, title workshop]
- ghostwritten book on the garage gym revolution’s contribution to happier, healthier, and stronger people [video calls, ghostwriting]
- ghostwritten guide to cloud computing modernization for data insights [video calls, ghostwriting]
- contributions to article on education for two former governors (USA Today) [ghostwriting]
- a year of LinkedIn posts for a thought leader in future of ed-tech [weekly calls, ghostwriting]
- revised version of Yu-kai Chou’s book, Actionable Gamification: Beyond Points, Badges, and Leaderboards (over 100k copies sold) for German publisher submission and 100 posts on applied gamification [editing]
- story snippets supporting a novella written by award winning fantasy writer for major video game franchise [creative writing]
- helped 90 authors choose the title and subtitle to best invite their preferred readers into the experience of their book [reading manuscripts, video calls, marketing]
- edited book introducing the bible to newcomers [editing]
- edited science fiction novel about the pitfalls of genetically modified humans and their role in World War III [editing]
- two self-published novels, the first on remembering one’s past to escape mind enslavement, the second on a stranger finding a role and bringing coherence to a destabilized underground domain [writing, editing, publishing]
- a self-published book synthesizing study, research, and local activity toward trustworthy elections [writing, editing, publishing]
If the first phone or video call goes well, there will be another 60-minute followup (in person if possible) to align on the above before agreeing to a detailed plan.
Unlike some other writing and editing services, you’ll have my full and personal attention—you’re not alone—during our work together as well as access if needed to trusted sources of editing, interior design, and cover design that go above and beyond my strongest skillsets in helping you locate your story, shape it, write it, and take your project from idea to publication. Think of me as your Samwise Gamgee with a few other merry hobbits at your service, whether to tend the garden or embark on a long journey on foot to the heart of Mordor—and back. No matter what I will express love toward you and your work, seeking the highest good. Your story is a chance to make a change, to make a difference, to make something right. Perhaps the best invitation I can offer is that by the end, you almost certainly won’t be the same as when you set out.
We Haven't Finished Yet
Love Your Neighbor
A thousand years of peace is achievable but first darkness must be overcome. There are those who see things, as if given a gift from a friend in another life. Were your dreams last night merely dreams?
Making all aware that our election processes and systems are rigged is a marketing campaign which opens the door to further questions.
Going forward, your voice and vote will count, because so far in your life it probably hasn't.